måndag 18 januari 2010

New Times

Nose To Nose

There has not been much development since the summer. I have my reasons. However, just recently I dusted off the old code. I have started to write a new webserver, for now called "Plankton". It is going to be a real lightweight and easy to start/use application for anyone who wants to run a small web without huge memory-and-process-consuming server applications, learning curve and tons of configuration options.

My thought is to also use Plankton for the World of Creeps, replacing the current tomcat/jsp setup. If this works as I intend, I will get rid of an application layer and in the same time make it much faster to develop since I won't be having the trouble with transferring live objects from one java-process to another (The running world -> Web app on tomcat). Web server and world will be the same running application.

The first test with Plankton v0.1b is running on port 443
http://worldofcreeps.com:443/

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar